I love owning a house, yet I hate owning a house at the same time.
We've found a few issues along the way that look to be issues with the construction of the house. One of those issues was the construction of the bay window in the front of our house, they cut a few corners along the way. It has a copper roof and it just wasn't sealed or attached to the brick face very well. Between that and the caulk seal on the windows on the second floor above the bay window we became the proud owners of some water damage.
I fixed the caulk on the second floor windows and repainted, but I had a contractor take care of the copper roof and trim issue on the bay window. With that out of the way it was time to focus on the interior damage, which was than I expected it to be. This is generally how these kind of things go for me. I was hoping to patch some soft spots, but I decided to tear all the dry wall around the windows and the adjoining small patch of ceiling once finding a small bit of mold.
I replaced the standard dry wall with mold resistant dry wall and commenced taping and mudding the joints. It took me some time, but I moved on to sanding. To say it was dusty would be obvious and really doesn't describe the amount of dust it produced. Painting went well, but I had some frustration with the moulding and millwork. Angles that shouldn't be completed, were. I got through it and caulked it throughly. I painted the trim and seat with counter top would should be more resistant to the dogs, time will tell.
I learned a lot and it's not perfect, but it's complete, dry, and mold free.
In this video walk-through we setup Smart Check, one of Citrix's Smart Tools. We used Citrix Cloud and XenDesktop. Here's a refres...